ImVitro is looking forward to building an amazing team of driven people, products that address pressing and ever-changing medical needs and a business with high and immediate impact on both people’s lives and scientific boundaries.
Wanted: Machine Learning Engineer
ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven machine learning engineer to join the Paris-based company as one of its first and pivotal employees to tackle a problem that concerns around 15% of couples worldwide: infertility. The ideal candidate is a computer vision engineer, who has previously worked in a company designing and implementing architectures for machine and deep learning models on images or videos.
Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30% in Europe, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether. At ImVitro, we minimize the number of cycles patients have to go through by personalizing medical decisions to each patient’s journey. We apply AI to a variety of data that is routinely used by doctors to make complex and multifactorial decisions, starting with videos of developing embryos. We predict the impact of these customized decisions on success rates, thus making IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. It was founded in August 2019 and has already created strong partnerships with fertility centers. The company has been backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, DeepTech4Good, Wilco, Agoranov) and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
Role and responsibilities
ImVitro is now looking for an ambitious core machine learning engineer who will be key to designing the architecture of the first algorithms of a highly impactful, fast-growing company. You will have to apply machine/deep learning algorithms and libraries on both categorical & temporal visual data (e.g. videos), and will also take part in data modeling and evaluation. This job will carry important responsibilities: the person will work closely with the founder, take part in early and long-lasting technical decisions and will be actively involved in shaping the culture of the company. This is a unique opportunity to be directly exposed to a fast-paced, demanding and exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem and to apply your skills in computer vision.
As one of our first ML engineers at ImVitro, you will have a vital role in :
- Designing and building the architecture of machine/deep learning algorithms
- Automating data standardization and image pre-processing
- Shaping the technical strategy and product design
Above all, the person needs to be excited about the mission of the company, and needs to be driven, curious and resilient. Candidates should have the “must” skills listed below; the “nice” and “amazing” skills will make them stand out accordingly.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer science, Machine Learning, Computer vision or related technical fields
- Minimum 1 year of experience applying machine learning to real world problems in industry/research/internships
- Proficiency with Python & ML tools (scikit-learn, Keras/Pytorch/TensorFlow)
- Good written and oral communication skills in english
- Experience with data-frames (pandas, SQL)
- Experience with cloud and cluster computing (AWS is a plus)
- Data visualization (Matplotlib, Plotly, D3)
- Other programming languages: Matlab, R, C++, CUDA or Java
- Experience with Docker, Jupyter, Git and GNU/Linux
- Experience with DL on videos/temporal data
- Experience with RNNs (LSTM, GRU)
- Experience with microscopy
- Knowledge in embryology or cell biology
Compensation & Perks
The employee will
- Receive a competitive salary and equity
- Have access to central offices in Paris at Agoranov, a prestigious Deep Tech incubator and be part of its amazing network of entrepreneurs and scientists
- Be able to participate in regular company events (e.g. team lunches, drinks)
- Have the opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Send CV (1 page) and cover letter (including 3 references) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 min introductory video call
- 1hr technical interview
ImVitro is committed to building a diverse team and to equal employment opportunity, regardless of (including but not limited to) race, gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender identity. The company has been founded by women, is currently composed of both male and female members of different nationalities and is intent on strengthening this diversity as it grows. Therefore, we strongly encourage all applications, including those of women and any underrepresented minorities.
We will be looking to fill several new positions in the coming months, so stay tuned, and visit our LinkedIn page regularly for more news!