ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven clinical affairs manager to join our Paris-based company that aims at improving the in vitro fertilization (IVF) workflow. The ideal candidate has completed a PhD in biomedical sciences and led clinical partnerships in a medical startup.
Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30%, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether. At ImVitro, we aim at automating the embryo evaluation which is at the heart of IVF to save doctor’s time, minimize variability and increase accuracy to make IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. It has created strong partnerships with more than 6 fertility centers in France, Spain and will expand to other countries. The company is backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, Agoranov, TechCare), and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
Role and responsibilities
As clinical affairs manager, you will lead the clinical research at ImVitro in close collaboration with the CEO, the R&D team and ImVitro’s clinical partners.
You will be regularly in contact with our IVF partners and the R&D team to define new research directions. You will work closely with our operations lead to define research protocols and disseminate their results in scientific and clinical terms. You will continuously do literature reviews and be in charge of overseeing ImVitro’s publications. You will be in charge of managing research grants if necessary, and liaise with the technical and regulatory team in the context of producing CE Marking or FDA approval documentation. You will also lead data collection and heavily interact with the R&D team, in particular with clinical data scientists. You will attend several key embryology conferences to stay up-to-date with the latest research.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead ImVitro’s research partnerships and publications
- Steer ImVitro’s clinical R&D with the CEO, product and R&D team
- Oversee clinical documentation required for regulatory needs
- Oversee clinical data collection
Above all, the person needs to be excited about the mission of the company, and needs to be driven, curious and resilient. Candidates should have the “must” skills listed below; the “nice” are a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in english
- Track record of publications in biomedical peer-reviewed journals
- PhD in biomedical sciences
- 2+ years in a medical startup
- Track record of experience facing health experts and customers
- Direct experience in clinical or fundamental IVF research
- Familiarity with medical regulations (CE Marking, FDA approval) and data protections laws (e.g. GDPR)
Compensation & Perks
The employee will
- Receive a competitive salary and employee stock options plan (ESOP)
- Have access to central offices in a Paris-based incubator and network with other healthtech start-ups
- Be able to work from the office and from home on a regular basis.
- Have the opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Please share your email & linkedin profile and provide answers to the questions through the link below
- 30 min introductory video call with CEO
- 1 hr in-depth discussion with CEO
- 45 min discussion with the technical team
- 2 – 3 reference calls between CEO and former managers & managees of the candidate
ImVitro is committed to building a diverse team and to equal employment opportunity, regardless of (including but not limited to) race, gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender identity. The company has been founded by women, is currently composed of both male and female members of different nationalities and is intent on strengthening this diversity as it grows. Therefore, we strongly encourage all applications, including those of women and any underrepresented minorities.