ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven Machine Learning Engineer Intern to join the Paris-based company as one of the R&D team members to tackle a problem that concerns around 15% of couples worldwide: infertility. The ideal candidate is a computer science master student who has applied deep learning algorithms to medical data.
Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30%, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether. At ImVitro, we aim at automating the embryo evaluation which is at the heart of IVF to save doctor’s time, minimize variability and increase accuracy to make IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. It has created strong partnerships with more than 6 fertility centers in France, Spain and will expand to other countries. The company is backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, Agoranov, TechCare), and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
Role and responsibilities
ImVitro is looking for a computer vision scientist intern that will be help us bring our AI to the next level. By joining the R&D Team, you will work closely on ambitious cutting-edge research topics in Computer Vision on video classification. You will study the literature and implement new architectures in PyTorch to kick-start a new project on videos or images of developing embryos. You will monitor and compare experiments, gather the results and present them regularly to the team. You will have weekly touch points with a computer vision scientist from the R&D team. You will also be involved in developing new MLOps functionalities and improving the codebase.
This is a unique opportunity to be directly exposed to a fast-paced, demanding and exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Above all, the person needs to be excited about the mission of the company, and needs to be driven, curious and resilient. Here are the skills the candidate must have as well as supplementary skills that would be nice to have:
- Fluent in English, as it is our primary language of communication
- Proficiency with Python
- Demonstrable experience
- Experience on a deep learning framework either through a previous internship or through a personal/school project
- The ability to come regularly to the office in Paris
- Experience on a Computer Vision subject in the medical field
- A personal GitHub – please send us the link if you have one!
Compensation & Perks
The employee will
- Have access to offices in an health-driven incubator in Paris (TechCare)
- Be able to participate in regular company events (e.g. team lunches, drinks)
- Benefit from flexible work arrangements (e.g part-time remote work)
- Have the opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Send message and LinkedIn profile and/or CV to email@example.com
- If pre-selected, a 45 min technical interview around a paper in AI+IVF that you will receive prior to the interview.
- 20 min informal discussion with the VP of AI & Engineering and ML team lead