ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven Full-Stack Engineer to join the Paris-based company as one of the first team members to tackle a problem that concerns around 15% of couples worldwide: infertility. The ideal candidate is a Full-Stack Engineer who has developed web applications with SPA frameworks, created and maintained high-quality architectures and Serverless APIs in Python.
Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30% in Europe, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether. At ImVitro, we minimize the number of cycles patients have to go through by personalizing medical decisions to each patient’s journey. We apply AI to a variety of data that is routinely used by doctors to make complex and multifactorial decisions, starting with videos of developing embryos. We predict the impact of these customized decisions on success rates, thus making IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. It was founded in August 2019 and has already created strong partnerships with fertility centers. The company has been backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, DeepTech4Good, Wilco, Agoranov) and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
Role and responsibilities
ImVitro is now looking for an ambitious full stack engineer who will be key to delivering the first software of a highly impactful, fast-growing company. Your main responsibility will be to develop from scratch the front end interface of our SaaS platform. In addition, you will closely work with the software engineer at ImVitro to continuously improve the back-end architecture of the product, and its integration with the front-end interface.
As one of the first team members, this job will carry important responsibilities: the person will work closely with the founder, take part in early and long-lasting technical decisions and will be actively involved in shaping the culture and product of the company. This is a unique opportunity to be directly exposed to a fast-paced, demanding and exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Above all, the person needs to be excited about the mission of the company, and needs to be driven, curious and resilient. Here are the skills the candidate must have and nice to have:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Full-Stack or FrontEnd engineer
- Proficiency with React or VueJS, CSS, Sass or Less
- Good experience with Backend development (Python is a plus!)
- Good experience with cloud computing, in particular with AWS
- Good written and oral communication skills in english
- Work experience in a start-up
- A front-end web developer portfolio to demonstrate past delivery experience
- Short-term availability is a big plus: ideally we need the candidate to join by April at the latest
Compensation & Perks
The employee will
- Receive a competitive salary and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Have access to central offices in Paris at Agoranov, a prestigious Deep Tech incubator and be part of its amazing network of entrepreneurs and scientists
- Be able to participate in regular company events (e.g. team lunches, drinks)
- Benefit from flexible work arrangements (e.g part-time remote work)
- Have the opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Send CV (1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30 min introductory video call with CEO
- 1 hr in-depth discussion with CEO and software engineer, including the discussion of the results of a short technical test sent ahead of the interview
- 30 min informal discussion with the ImVitro team
- 2 – 3 reference calls between CEO and former managers of the candidate
ImVitro is committed to building a diverse team and to equal employment opportunity, regardless of (including but not limited to) race, gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender identity. The company has been founded by women, is currently composed of both male and female members of different nationalities and is intent on strengthening this diversity as it grows. Therefore, we strongly encourage all applications, including those of women and any underrepresented minorities.