ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven operations manager to join the Paris-based company as one of its first team members to tackle a problem that concerns around 15% of people worldwide: infertility. Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30% in Europe, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether.
At ImVitro, we minimize the number of cycles patients have to go through by personalizing medical decisions to each patient’s journey. Our first aim to increase success rates by 5% could correspond to an IVF cycle spared for up to 500K couples worldwide every year. To reach our goal, we apply AI to a variety of data that is routinely used by doctors to make complex and multifactorial decisions, starting with videos of developing embryos. We predict the impact of these customized decisions on success rates, thus making IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. It was founded in August 2019 and has already created strong partnerships with fertility centers. The company has been backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, DeepTech4Good, Wilco, Agoranov) and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ImVitro is now looking for an ambitious Operations Manager who will have a broad set of tasks, ranging from helping define the business strategy to improving the operational engine of the company. This role will be actively involved in process design and problem solving to continuously improve the company’s structure. The candidate must speak french. The candidate must be results & action oriented, with an ownership mindset and intense attention to detail. The person will work closely with the founder and will be actively involved in shaping the culture of the company and finding product/market fit. This is a unique opportunity to be core team member of a fast-paced, demanding and exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem. The ideal candidate is someone with experience as a strategy consultant within healthcare or someone with operational experience in a healthtech start-up.
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the CEO with managing the day to day operations of the business
- Performing market and competition research to ensure our product remains best-in-class
- Developing process for acquiring new clinical partnerships
Above all, you are excited about the mission of the company, and are driven, curious and resilient. The role requires excellent communication, interpersonal skills and high levels of autonomy. You should have these skills:
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken)
- At least 1 yr of work or internship experience in consulting, finance, operational startup roles. Alternatively, experience in challenging roles that required first-class strategic thinking, communication skills and resourcefulness
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- A competitive salary and equity
- Access to central offices in Paris at Agoranov, a prestigious Deep Tech incubator and be part of its amazing network of entrepreneurs and scientists
- Participation to regular company events (e.g. team lunches, drinks)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Send CV (1 page) and cover letter to email@example.com
- 30 min introductory video call with the founder
- Second in-depth 45 min interview for skills and challenge assessment
- Conversation with extended team
ImVitro is committed to building a diverse team and to equal employment opportunity, regardless of (including but not limited to) race, gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender identity. The company has been founded by women, is currently composed of both male and female members of different nationalities and is intent on strengthening this diversity as it grows. Therefore, we strongly encourage all applications, including those of women and any underrepresented minorities.